Northern Luang Prabang 4x4WD Experience Tour - 5 Days. This wonderfully designed 4x4wd adventure tour through northern Laos is perfectly made for for intermediate riders who want to get more then just the day-ride experience. This 4 wheels tour comes as a full exploration package catering the adventurer on 4 wheels. Take your car and explore rural Laos in a unique way. Of course you will experience remote villages, Khamu and Hmong ethnic communities as well as the rarely visited Akha ethnic people in the mountains of Laos. But you may also enjoy a bath with an elephant and much more….
- With a 4WD tour, you can venture into remote areas of Laos that are untouched by mass tourism.
- Explore the stunning Bolaven Plateau, a region known for its coffee plantations, waterfalls, and ethnic minority communities.
- Journey through the rugged landscapes of the Northern Highlands
DAY 1: Luang Prabang to Nongkiaw ( L , D )
– Off-road 30% – approx. 150 kms Topic: Warm up riding on a perfect on-road following the river up to the famous town of Nongkiaw Night: Wooden bungalows on the river
DAY 2: Nongkiaw to Muang Khua ( B , L , D )
– Off-road 60% – approx. 190 kms Topic: Warm up riding on good road on the beginning of the day and then great Hmong trail ride in
the dirt on ridges of high mountains Night: Local Guest-house
3: Muang Khua to Luang Namtha ( B , L , D )
– Off-road 80% – approx.180 kms Topic: Off-road following the Chinese border by the fantastic Akha trail Night: Cozy red bricks Guest-house in front of the local market
DAY 4: Luang Namtha to Pakbeng ( B , L , D )
– Off-road 80% – approx. 180 kms Topic: Stone age villages where no foreigner goes, long Off-road going to the Mekong River Night: Good hotel along with beautiful view on the Mekong River
DAY 5: Pakbeng to Luang Prabang ( B , L )
– Off-road 60% – approx. 210 kms Topic: High Mountains ride on the White Elephant valley Back in town end of afternoon
- Standard 4×4 Pickup
- Material insurance for the car.
- Experienced 4×4 Tour – guide/Mechanic.
- Meals as mentioned: Breakfast = B, Lunch = L and Dinner = D
- Accommodation: Home-stay, Resort , Hotel
- Entrance fee to the sight seeing during the trip.
- Fee to transfer the car back to the starting point in Luang Prabang
- Drinking water during the driving time.
- International air tickets.
- Laos visa.
- Hotel in Luang Prabang
- Travel Insurance. All persons are expected to arrange their own insurance. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance from home.
- Optional Activities
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Beverage and alcoholic drinks.
- Personal expenditure such as telephone, laundry, shopping and any other services not clearly mentioned on.